Teaser #3

Weeks passed and summer was coming to a close.  The kids were excited about their new school.  We were all so happy to know that the weather would still be a constant tropical paradise no matter the time of the year.  Claire and I had helped each other unpack the last of our boxes and were settled into a good routine.  Deciding to throw one more party before school started, Rob  and I had Jake, Claire, their kids and all our neighbors over for dinner, dancing and some pool fun.  I had food catered so that I could truly enjoy everyone at the party without running all around.  We ate, drank and cleared the outdoor patio for dancing.  It was perfect!  Even the guys got a little crazy dancing.
Rob came up behind me at one point and circled his arms around my waist, whispering in my ear, "What a great party, babe!  I love you!" With a huge smile, I turned around and kissed my sweet husband long and hard, our tongues searching each others mouths.

Suddenly, I heard cheering, clapping and whistling.  I was so lost in the moment with my man, that I'd forgotten everyone else.  Not being one to get too embarrassed, i turned and curtsied as rob held up both hands like he'd scored a touchdown!  The crowd of friends laughed!  I glanced over to Claire and Jake.  She clapped and laughed, but he had a strange look on his face, almost a frown.  When I smiled one of my biggest smiles at him and shrugged innocently, he laughed and shook his head.

No comments: