Tiny Tiny Teaser for "Her" book!

Teaser…#1  Her

It wasn’t fair.

No one ever said life would be.  

He was no longer mine. 

I’d always hoped building a life with me and our kids would be enough.  It wasn’t.

A part of me was glad it was over…a tiny part.  

I’d spent years waiting for the other shoe to drop, expecting him to one day walk through our front door and tell me he was leaving…that he was done pretending to love me.  But instead, I got a big fat slap in the face and a knife shoved right through my heart.  

Now, I was starting over, moving on. 

I certainly didn’t need a man to fulfill my life, but I wasn’t going to sit around wasting time either.  I’d spent my whole adult life being second…taking whatever he had left to give me…and I was done! 

I deserved to be someone’s first…someone’s only…someone’s love of their life.  

And someone found me.
__________________________________
Him

I knew very little about her before I showed up for my session.  But in the span of an hour, I learned plenty of big details that were pretty damn eye-opening.  

She was kind.

She was funny.

She was recently divorced.

She hated being alone.
We’d only known each other a short time, but we were friends…more than friends, I’d say.  

She didn’t know it yet, but I had plans.  And she was at the very core of them…all of them.  

My Claire.


6 comments:

Brenda Kennedy said...

Great teaser.... looking forward to the book.

Joselyn said...

Sounds GREAT!!!!!! Cannot wait:)

Shari said...

Yay Claire!!! Can't wait for the book!

Jammie said...

Gimme More! Can't wait for this! I'm so proud of Claire

Jennie Lee said...

Can't wait to read this one, it's definitely a teaser

CM Hutton said...

Love you guys! I'm working hard on her book! :)